Combination of city stay, trekking, elephant ride, bamboo rafting and hilltribe village home stay in Chiang Mai province of Thailand. Five days program good for whole year
Day 1: Arrive Chiang Mai
Meet our guide at airport or train station in Chiang Mai, and transfer to Chiangmai Gate hotel. The rest of the day at leisure or optional tours. Overnight in Chaingmai Gate hotel in Chatree wing.
Day 2: Jungle Trekking (B.L.D)
Breakfast in hotel. Between 0900 and 0930 hrs pick up from hotel by pick up truck. Drive up to the south to a local market to buy provisions. Then keep driving to Samoeng district around one and half hours. Lunch will be served at a Shan hill tribe village. Continue by truck and get off near Hmong hill tribe village, and start walkking up to the village.
Keep walking up and down through jungle foliage and rice field. There are some buffaloes, cows and wild animals to see. Arrive to Karen hill tribe village for dinner and overnight.
Day 3: Jungle Trekking (B.L.D)
After breakfast leave the village by elephant riding up and down hill for about one and half hours, to a waterfall. Guide and porter will cook lunch while you enjoy swimming. After lunch continue hiking to another Karen village for one and half hours. Continue trekking to another waterfall. Dinner and overnight at the camp near the waterfall.
Day 4: Jungle Trekking - Chiang Mai (B.L)
After breakfast trek to a Shan hill tribe village for 2 hours. Our pick up truck will take you to another Shan village for lunch. Then continue by truck for 10 minutes to bamboo rafting camp. Start rafting along the river around one and half hours. Then back to Chaingmai by pick up truck. Overnight at Chiangmai Gate hotel in Chatree wing.
Day 5: Departure (B)
Breakfast in hotel. Nnormal check out time is at 1200 hrs. At leisure until transfer to train station or airport.
B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner
Tour cost Please contact us for price, latest program which may be different from the above, etc.
- Transportation by private air-con van car in Chiang Mai for day 1 and 5; private pick up truck for trekking
- English speaking local guide and porters
- Entrance fees, elephant ride and bamboo rafting
- Accommodation (Chiang Mai gate hotel twin/double share room, home stay and camping with bedding and mosquito nets)
- Meals according to the program
- Travel accident insurance
Note the tour costs do not include soft beverage, laundry, all kinds of alcohols, personal expenses.
And this is just a sample. We can design a customised itinerary to suit your likes, time, weather; and also include other places too.
Things to bring
- Good solid walking shoes
- Mosquito repellent, personal medicines
- A small rucksack to carry clothes, etc. (If you do not have one, we provide you with one free of charge)
- An anorak during the rainy season (June - October)
- A sweater or a jacket during the winter time (November - February)
- A pair of shorts, T-shirts, a pair of long trousers
- Swimming suit, towel, toilet requisites
- Sun oil and a hat, if you are afraid of sunburns
- Bed sheet if you like to have your own
- torch light, spare batteries