Hiking up Doi Pui mountain in Mae Hong Son province, 3 to 4 days (October to June)
Day 1 (L.D)
Meet at Mae Hong Son hotel or airport. Transfer by pick up truck car to the start point. Walk up along Maehongson creek passing
evergreen jungle, waterfalls, deep gorges and sometimes hike through water several times.
Visit hilltribe Karen people. Overnight at Ban Hua Nam.
Day 2 (B.L.D)
Hiking up steep mountain slopes. There are views of different type of plants and trees on different
elevation. Tourists need to walk along high narrow ridge some places of which are a metre wide with
one side of high cliff wall and the other side is dense evergreen forest far below you. Follow the tiger track and finally arrive at
the very beautiful panorama view of the summit. Good place to see sun set and sun rise, and a best place to watch stars in the night. Overnight camping on the mountain.
Day 3 (B.L.D)
Walk down the mountain to Ban Huai Hi. Afternoon pick up to Maehongson, and end for 3 days hike.
For 4 days trekkers in the afternoon walk down to Ban Huai Kung,on the Mae Sa Mat river side.
Overnight Ban Huai Kung.
Day 4 (B.L)
Walk down to the river and pass many river streams with superb swimming holes. You would swim stop at every hole for a swim. Afternoon transfer by pick up cars to Mae Hong son.
End for 4 days hiking.
1. Transfer between Mae Hong Son and trekking point by pick up trucks
2. Gear: tents, ground sheets, sleeping bags,
3. Village home stay in local house with clean beddings and mosquito nets
4. All meals from Day 1 lunch to the final day lunch, seasonal fruits, drinking water
5. English speaking local guide (more than 10 years experience with lot of local knowledge), porters
6. Travel accident insurance
Costs Please contact us for the prices, latest possible program which may be different from the above, etc.
This is just a sample program. We can design a customised travel plan to suit your likes, available times and weather.
You can start the trip in Chiang Mai, include other places and activities such as white water rafting on Pai river, etc.
We can also book hotels in Mae Hog Son, Chiang Mai, etc.
Things to bring
- Back pack
- Clothes to change (a set of warm clothing)
- Hiking shoes and sandals
- Insect repellants (herbal types is prefered)
- Torch lights, spare batteries
- Light rain coat for rainy season (October, November, June)
- Personal medicines